Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, December 28, 2018

Mama's Too! Pizza

Mama's TOO!
2570 Broadway 
New York, NY 10025
212-510-7256

Hours: 

Monday - Saturday - 12:oo pm  - 11:00 pm


$3.50 a slice

 Picture of Frank Sinatra tossing spaghetti





It was around 4:30 pm in the late afternoon, moderate rain, 56 degrees with humidity of 94 degrees.  Dew point 55, UV index - 0 low, and!!  wind, 47 mph with sunset around 4:36 pm.  What to do, what to do.  Wait for it - I just had a aha moment.  Go and try Mama's Too!  since whenever I passed there I always see a line. I walked in at just the right time because there was only 1 other person ordering.  I ordered the House Pie which consist of aged mozzarella, with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano, fresh basil and fresh tomato sauce.  The crust was crispy but the pizza was charred both on top and  bottom.  I was surprised since the pizza's are not baked in a brick oven which can produce a charred pizza.  Maybe charred is part of their signature because I saw it on every pizza.  The pizza was okay.  Maybe I need to try a different one, but I'm in no hurry.

I did not feel welcome because the gentleman that served me was curt and rude. I was told that they only had the pizza's that was on display and the only beverages they had was Pellegrino water.  Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.  Yet, I still see lines, so maybe the day I went was an off day.  To be determined if I will go back.  Stay tune.

I
#mamatoos  #newyork  #upperwestside  #pizza  #overrated  #terribleservice  #mediocre  

No comments:

Post a Comment